Greeter: VITA Site
The Greeter/Site Assistant works at a VITA tax site operated by Community Tax Aid for low and moderate-income taxpayers. This person is responsible for opening a tax site, greeting and orienting clients, overseeing the client sign-in sheet, and assisting clients with the completion of the Client Intake Sheet. The Greeter reports to the Site Coordinator.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Site Setup and Reception
- Arrive at tax site prior to opening and assist with set up of equipment and supplies
- Review schedule of appointments and prepare reception area for client arrival.
- Ensure that all volunteers sign in at beginning and sign out at end of shift.
- Greet clients, help them sign in, and explain site process.
- Provide clients with intake form and assist them in completing, if necessary.
- Screen clients for income guidelines and necessary documentation.
- Make copies and sort tax forms, as needed.
- Manage the appointment schedule and waiting area, ensuring an orderly process at the site.
- Assist with compiling site statistics.
- Keep files and supplies organized and notify the Site Coordinator when the site needs additional forms and supplies.
- Keep computer printers and copiers loaded with paper and change toner as needed.
- Keep daily statistics of clients served and volunteer attendance.
- Good people skills; ability to work with a diverse clientele.
- Positive attitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A mature, responsible and patient person
- Fluency in a 2nd language such as Spanish or Amharic, helpful, but not required.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Saturday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. We would like to find one candidate to fill all the hours, but are willing to split the position based on the available work hours of strong candidates. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter their availability for the days the site is open and whether they would be interested in sharing the position with another candidate.
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Temporary/Seasonal. Position runs from late January through mid April.
Work Location: Adams Morgan, Washington, DC 20009
To apply: Send an email with your resume and letter of interest indicating your availability and any language skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.