Tax Season 2020: Community Tax Aid Volunteer Tax Preparer Training is now over. If you are interested in volunteering at a tax site in another capacity, please email us at email@example.com
Learn more about becoming a VITA volunteer:
Your expertise and time are vital to our organization.
Volunteers like you are the core to our existence. Every tax season, our volunteers share their skills and knowledge, serving families and individuals across the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. In 2018 alone, volunteers provided more than 15,000 hours of service which directly enabled clients to receive nearly $9 million in net federal and state refunds.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Have strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Read, speak and understand English proficiently (preparers must be fluent)
- Are patient, and able to understand and answer questions that clients may have
- Are comfortable working with diverse populations
- Can commit to one four-hour session per week from the end of January until April 18th
Special Volunteer Needs:
- Volunteers proficient in Spanish, Amharic, Chinese, French, Arabic, ASL, Tagalog
- Volunteers who live or work in DC’s Wards 7 or 8
- Volunteers available during the day on Wednesdays or Thursdays
Click here to learn more about volunteer roles.
Other volunteer opportunities in MD and VA areas:
If our volunteer locations, days, or times don’t fit your schedule, consider volunteering with one of these other local VITA programs:
- Northern Virginia CASH
- Montgomery County, MD
- Baltimore and Maryland State-wide: CASH Campaign of Maryland
- Prince George’s Community College