Job Description: Training Assistant
held at Georgetown University Law Center and American University Washington College of Law during the month of January 2019. The Training Assistant helps with preparations for the classes, including information technology set-up, and coordinates with training host at the direction of CTA staff and works with the trainers to ensure that training classes operate effectively. The Training Assistant may also provide assistance to volunteers registering for classes beginning in December until the training period ends in late January and ensuring that volunteers are registered for the appropriate classes.
Availability: Late December 2018 thru early-February 2019. Candidate must be available to assist at training classes beginning January 2, 2019. Candidates should be available some weekday evenings and weekends for the month of January. Additional hours during the week may be needed to respond to training related e-mails and phone calls during the workday to coordinate with the host facility and CTA Staff.
Skills and Experience: Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a management role. Ability to lift boxes or computer equipment in excess of 30 pounds. The Training assistant must be dependable, self-directed, detail oriented, organized, and efficient. Candidate must be experienced using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support all operational needs at the training site (Georgetown Law Center and American University Washington College of Law).
- Work with staff to ensure all necessary equipment and supplies are available.
- Ensure volunteer and trainer attendance is documented.
- Communicate effectively with training staff and host organizations to manage any facilities, support, or scheduling issues.
- Address equipment, software, supply and other training needs in a timely fashion.
- Set-up spaces, facilitate volunteer sign-in, and assist trainers as needed.
- Provide support to tax sites during volunteer orientation and update volunteer certification spreadsheets.
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Temporary/Seasonal. Position runs from late December 2018 to mid-February 2019, approximately 30 hours per week.
To apply: Send letter of interest and resume by email to email@example.com
Community Tax Aid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.