Job Description: Drop Off Site Coordinator
The Site Coordinator oversees Drop Off operations at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site operated by Community Tax Aid (CTA). The Site Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the accurate filing of electronic tax returns by managing the drop off process at the collection site and the tax preparation process at the preparation site. The Drop Off Coordinator will be responsible for finalizing the tax return including obtaining signatures, electronically transmitting returns, and filing and distributing applicable documents.
Availability: Candidates must be available to work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday midafternoon through evening (approximately 3pm-9pm), and Saturday mornings (9:30 am to 1:30 pm) from late January through mid-April. Additional hours during the week may be required to oversee volunteer coordination and the e-file process. Ideally we would like to find one candidate to fill all the hours, but are willing to split the position based on the available work hours of strong candidates. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter their availability for the days the site is open and whether they would be interested in sharing the position with another candidate.
Skills and Experience: Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a management role. Experience managing volunteers and/or high school students preferred. Experience at a VITA program preferred. The Site Coordinator must be dependable and self-directed, detail oriented, organized, efficient, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to respond to tax site related emails and phone calls during the workday on occasion. Those with experience with free tax sites or tax filing preferred, but not required. Must attend Site Coordinator training (4 hours) in December or January. Must also complete the IRS tax preparer training and certification exam, tax software, and e-filing training in January.
Please indicate fluency in languages other then English in your cover letter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all operational needs of the tax site. Address equipment, software, supply and other site needs in a timely fashion. Includes setting up and putting away computer and networking equipment each day.
- Coordinate closely with quality reviewers and support their efforts to ensure accuracy of returns.
- Work closely with CTA to coordinate the scheduling of volunteers to ensure sufficient staffing.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers. Track and report hours for volunteers.
- Administer site procedures according to CTA guidelines and IRS requirements.
- Manage workflow of tax site: set-up space; facilitate client sign-in and intake; ensure orderly and thorough screening process.
- Ensure timely electronic filing of tax returns and resolution of rejects.
- Ensure security of confidential information.
- Ensure proper reporting and record keeping. Collect, compile and submit to CTA required statistics and surveys.
- Serve as the main contact for clients to address questions or concerns about their experience at the tax site. Promptly respond to inquiries from clients or the IRS.
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Temporary/Seasonal. Position runs from late January through mid April.
Community Tax Aid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.