The Appointment Coordinator supports CTA’s free tax preparation sites and is responsible for answering calls from taxpayers seeking to schedule appointments for free tax preparation services. The Appointment Coordinator conducts a brief screening interview to determine to correct scheduling of appointments and also answers basic questions about tax site procedures.
Availability: Ideally the candidate will be available to start mid-January 2019 and run through April 15, 2019. The coordinator will work in our downtown DC office Monday – Friday approximately 4 to 5 hours per day (hours are flexible).
Skills and Experience: Strong communication and customer service communication skills. Ability to use computers and web-based programs. Experience in an administrative environment preferred. Please indicate in cover letter fluency with languages in addition to English.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Tax Program Manager to coordinate appointment scheduling
- Check voicemail and return calls promptly
- Provide callers with information on tax sites and required documents for filing their tax returns
- Enter appointments and other detailed information in electronic scheduling calendars
- Assist with administrative tasks other duties as needed
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Temporary/Seasonal. Position runs from late January through mid April.
Work Location: 1000 Vermont Ave, #920, Washington, DC, 20005
To apply: Send letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate fluency with languages in addition to English.